Who doesn’t love a pampering treat? Client birthdays are an excellent marketing opportunity. Celebrate your clients’ birthdays so they keep coming back for more. Show you appreciate their custom by remembering their special day and spoiling them!
This way you build lifelong relationships and leave a lasting impression. Offering birthday specials encourages clients to come and spend money in your salon. It is a simple effective tactic for client retention. Make sure your call-to-action is bold and clear!
Show Customers How Much You Value Their Business
- Send a birthday greeting – by post or email. This could include a discount code or a free treatment
- Call your customer on their special day to wish them a happy birthday. Connecting with customers on a personal level ensures a more meaningful experience
- Offer bubbly and cake while they’re in the salon as a treat
- Upgrade them to a luxury treatment during their birthday month. Remember free gifts are better for your salon than discount codes
- Choose a treatment a junior member of your team can do if cost is an issue
- Reach out to them on social media. Post a message wishing them a Happy Birthday!
Win Loyalty and Attention from your Customers
Birthdays can be a great opportunity to introduce clients to treatments they haven’t had before. All being well this will secure future bookings.
Other ideas to consider include:
- Offer a monthly prize draw for all those with birthdays so one client can win a free treatment voucher
- Start with your most loyal customer and be consistent. Don’t start a birthday program and not see it through.
- Make sure your clients celebrate birthdays and are happy to be contacted
- Celebrating your clients’ special day is a great way to get more word-of-mouth business.
Rewarding client loyalty helps to keep a steady stream of customers coming to your salon. Creating a relationship with your clients is one of the easiest ways to increase your rebooking. Make them feel valued and they will trust and recommend you. If you spoil them, they will be more inclined to rave about you on social media.